July 11, 2022
Top 10 Things To Do In Clay County: Camping, Dining & More!
- Camp in a Camp Chowenwaw Treehouse. Located at the intersection of Black Creek and the St. Johns River, this 150-acre county-owned park was home to a regional Girl Scout camp for over 70 years.
The Great Escape Room
- Test your skills and see if you can break the code to escape in time at The Great Escape Room at the Orange Park Mall. Afterwards, shop until you drop at more than 120 mall shops including the new BoxLunch store – a popular stop for unique gifts.
- Cool off in one of the country’s oldest spring-fed swimming pool in Spring Park in Green Cove Springs; it’s been around since 1871 and is known to be a constant temperature of 77 degrees.
Sunset Tiki Bar
- Enjoy the cool breeze and cold drinks along with a magnificent sunset at the Sunset Tiki Bar at Doctors Lake Marina. For more fun, get out on the 39 square miles of water by using one of the 11 public boat ramps.
40th Annual Orange Park Fall Festival
- Mingle with the locals at the 40th Annual Orange Park Fall Festival held at Town Hall Park on October 15-16, 2022. This festival is a local favorite and listed as one of the Top 25 Events in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society. The festival features over 150 artists & makers and is home to two stages with entertainment from regional and local artists.
- Take in our rich military history by visiting Clay County’s military museums: Military Museum of Northeast Florida and the Camp Blanding Museum. From exhibits focusing on World War II to artifacts and military vehicles on display, visitors can learn about the county’s involvement with our nation’s military.
Lives Concerts & Local Theatres
- Immerse yourself in the arts at the Thrasher-Horne Center with live concerts, performances and their adjacent art gallery featuring local artists. Local community theatre favorites include The Island Theatre in Fleming Island and the Orange Park Community Theatre.
Orange Park Skate Park
- Owned by the Town of Orange Park and operated by the Orange Park Patrons, a not-for-profit organization, the Orange Park Skate Park is free and open to the public. Located near the Orange Park Athletic Association Sports Park, the park provides skaters of all ages a safe and free place to skate with friends and have fun. Skateboards and in-line skates are both welcome inside the park.
Local Dinning & Local Shopping
- Dine local during and experience unique cuisines throughout Clay County. Try bold, Greek flavors at Fresh from Yianni’s Kitchen in Fleming Island, experience Caribbean flavors at the locally-owned Irie Diner and take a trip down to New Orleans with the Cajun cuisine of Mackey’s Munchies in Orange Park.
- For those ready to shop, ‘go local’ at Miss Priss Gifts, YUM – A Southern Market and One Swanky Chic Boutique. Local vintage and antique shops in the area include Junque in the Trunk and Now & Then Antique Mall.